Sunday, December 8, 2013

Hanukkah Center Piece Mats


Last year's Hanukkah sale fabric from Nancy's Notions is out of the stash and all sewn up into Hanukkiah mats.  A pattern for an octagon shaped center piece mat inspired me to draft a hexagon and use it as my base in these quilted table mats.  The largest is approximately 18 inches across from side to side and the smaller ones are about 10 inches. 

Kaye Wood's Starmaker 6 Ruler made quick work of drafting the center for the large table mat and for the smaller trio, I used the EZ Hexagon Template.  The Hex N More! Ruler would work just as well but I need to get to Fabric Depot with a coupon when they have them in stock.  The Park Bench book in my library is calling my name so that may be encouragement to spend some $$ and time to pick one up on my next trip to the city.  I am seeing all sorts of Hanukkah table runners and Hanukkiah mats from that little treasure.

3 comments:

Shari said...

Lovely center piece and runners!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The same pattern, only smaller, would make great coasters.

Sally said...

Cheryl, did you peek at my scrap pile? I have some scraps that would work for the smallest hexagon on the template. The y are either headed for potholders or mug mats/coasters. ')