Thursday, October 22, 2009

Practical and Pretty


I have been meaning to do this project for a long time. This week, the little ironing board it going on a retreat with 80+ 4-H teens and I decided the job just had to be done.

My little ironing board came with a less than adequate foam pad and cover. I saved some foam padded Teflon ironing board covers when we got new covers for the ironing boards at the county extension with the idea one might recycle nicely on the little board.

I traced my ironing board on the Teflon and added 1 1/2 inches all the way around. I centered the original foam pad on the foam side and secured it with zigzag stitching. The old cover just barely fit to keep the new pad in place.

Next, I created a new cotton cover that is reversible and cinched it on tightly. Now, I have beautiful and secure cover that will have fun at camp with the kids. I just love having attractive ironing board covers. They make me smile!


Next project with be a tote bag for the ironing board. I wonder when I will get around to that?

No comments: